Monday, October 29, 2007

Two tickets to paradise

So, Jamie has to do a video shoot in Mallorca, one of the Mediterranean islands off the coast of Spain. What a shame, she'll have to spend two whole weeks there shooting video for some new hair commercials. And, worse yet, I'm going to have to take a long weekend to come meet her in the middle of all that, and pass some time on that beautiful little island. I think we're going to have to spend our hours of leisure at this luxury hotel sipping wine and eating delicious fresh seafood, all on her company's dime. Alas.

I'll send a (virtual) postcard. :P

All boasting aside, the shoot is going to be a lot of work for her - several back-to-back 14-hour days of nonstop work. I'm there to provide a much needed distraction during the interim. And perhaps to go spelunking! Lots of caves there, apparently - the most famous being Dragon's Cave. I'll be in adventurer's heaven; I just better remember to pack my +2 lamp of eternal geekdom.

Song of the moment: Maserati - 12/16. Instrumental rock - put this album on while coding and you'll forget where time went. I love comparing bands to combinations of other bands. I'd have to say this one is Jimmy LaValle (of Tristeza, Album Leaf) meets Blue Man Group. See what you think.

No comments: